Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes (not including 1 hour of chilling)
Serve With: Homemade Whipped Cream
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup of water
Coconut Haupia Recipe
1 cup whole milk
1 cup of sugar
14 ounces of coconut milk
Chocolate Pie Filling
7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
Whipped Cream Layer
1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 baked 10-inch homemade pie crust (or use store-bought)
- To make this chocolate pie recipe, you'll need a nice flaky baked pie crust. You can buy one at the store, or use my easy pie crust recipe, which is featured in a separate video.
- In a measuring cup, mix 1/2 cup cornstarch into 1 cup of water and let it dissolve. This is your cornstarch slurry, which will thicken our Hawaiian haupia recipe.
- Over medium heat, bring 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup of sugar and 14 ounces of coconut milk to a boil. Reduce the heat on the milk to a simmer and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Now, we stir continuously until it thickens up.
- In a saucepan, melt 7 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in half of the coconut mixture.
- Top baked pie crust with the chocolate pie filling, then top with the reserved Hawaiian coconut haupia custard. Refrigerate this for one hour.
- Our final touch on this homemade chocolate pie is the whipped cream. Whisk this until stiff peaks form.
- Now, just layer the homemade whipped cream on this no bake chocolate pie, top it with fresh shaved chocolate shavings, and we're done!
To make this chocolate pie recipe, you'll need a nice flaky baked pie crust. You can buy one at the store, or use my easy pie crust recipe, which is featured in a separate video. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for chocolate pie. I personally think it's the best chocolate pie ever. Thanks for tubing in, and feel free to leave your comments below!