From CookingSessions.com — Video recipes, chef tips and easy recipes from chef Jason Hill.
Tomatillo Sauce Recipe
Jan 17, 2012 - 11:09:06 AM
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 10-12 servings
Serve With: Huevos Rancheros
- 20 fresh tomatillos
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 onion, peeled and halved
3 serrano chile peppers, stemmed
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock, optional
- 1 cup roasted green chiles
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel off the papery husks from tomatillos and rinse. Transfer to a sheet pan.
- Add garlic, onion and serrano chiles to the pan. Drizzle with a little canola oil and sprinkle of salt. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Remove roasted items and place in a Dutch oven. Let stew over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add everything to a food processor, along with 1 cup roasted green chiles. You can also add about 1/2 cup of chicken stock to add some flavor. Puree 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve with your favorite Mexican recipes, such as huevos rancheros.
© Copyright 2012 by CookingSessions.com — Video recipes, chef tips and easy recipes from chef Jason Hill.